Global Love Report – June 22, 2022
English summary by Pamela Stephanie
In an interview with ¡Hola! Magazine, Verónica Alcanda, the CEO of Alcanda Matchmaking in Spain, recently revealed what she believes are the skills and qualities of a good matchmaker.
She believes that a matchmaker should know how to analyze a client’s needs. They need to know what the client’s in a potential partner are. Additionally, they should be able to see any hidden fears or issues that clients may have and how to help them.
A good matchmaker should also know how to select the best possible match for their client. So they should have an interview guidelines that they follow. This is to ensure they keep to the same standards. And to keep to that standard even when the matchmakers who conduct the interview are different people.
Alcanda reveals that a good matchmaker needs a lot of skills, such as communication skills, problem-solving abilities, empathy, and so forth. But that most important one is emotional intelligence because this is the keystone on which the other skills will built upon.
Other skills matchmakers should have include:
- Be aware of their obligation towards their clients and potential clients
- Communicate their commitments to their clients and potential clients
- Ensure the professionalism of their service and being thorough
- Have guidelines in place to be less biased and to have quality standards
In terms of attitude, Alcanda says a good matchmaker should:
- Truly believe that they can help clients find someone to have a long-term relationship with.
- Have empathy: able to put themselves in other people’s shoes and understand their wants and fears.
- Be willing to learn from their experience with each client from the beginning to the end.
- Be able to make people feel comfortable to encourage them to communicate.
- Have the ability to listen.
Originally published by ¡Hola! Click the link for the full interview in Spanish.